- Membership Options
- Member Resources
- Education and Events
- Professional Conduct
- Legislative Advocacy
- Montgomery County
Certified REALTOR® Emeritus members do not pay dues to the National, Pennsylvania and local Montgomery County Association and are exempt from the Bi-ennial Ethics Training requirement. The dues waiver does not take effect until the following 'dues season'.
Qualification for REALTOR® Emeritus: A REALTOR® Member who has held membership in the National Association as a REALTOR®, REALTOR-ASSOCIATE®, or both, for a cumulative period of forty (40) years is eligible for REALTOR® Emeritus status.
2015 Change: At the 2013 REALTORS® Conference & Expo, the Delegate Body approved an amendment to Article III, Section 9 of the NAR Constitution, which outlines REALTOR® Emeritus eligibility. Beginning with applications filed in 2015, in addition to the forty (40) years of membership, a REALTOR® Emeritus candidate member must also have completed at least one (1) year of service at the National Association level. However, for applications filed through 2019, the one (1) year service requirement may also be met through service at the state or local level. This provision will sunset at the end of 2019.
The new REALTOR® Emeritus eligibility criteria shall be implemented as follows:
In addition to the required forty (40) years of REALTOR® membership:
* “Service” is defined as serving as an officer, director, committee member, federal political coordinator, President’s liaison or regional coordinator to a country with which NAR holds a reciprocal agreement.
How to apply for REALTOR® Emeritus:
1) A completed application is necessary to begin the approval process for REALTOR® Emeritus status, which must be completed by the candidate and submitted to MCAR for verification and review. Documentation substantiating the candidate’s forty (40) years of membership (and one (1) year of service, as applicable) is the responsibility of the applicant and must be attached to the application.
2) The application is presented to the MCAR Board of Directors for review and approval to forward to the National Association of REALTORS® for final approval and certification.
3) The National Association of REALTORS® considers applications at the Mid-Year Meetings and at the National Convention. Applications must be submitted to MCAR not less than 30 days prior to the NAR applicable deadlines.
4) Upon approval of an application for REALTOR® Emeritus by the Board of Directors of the National Association of REALTORS®, no further payment of dues to the National Association is necessary by the member association of which the REALTOR® Emeritus is a member. Please note that the dues waiver does not take effect until the dues year immediately following the Board of Directors’ approval. In addition, REALTOR® Emeritus Members are exempt from the Bi-ennial Ethics Training requirement.
September 1, 2018 is the next deadline to submit a completed application to MCAR for REALTOR® Emeritus status.